Saturday, July 14, 2012

in which I explain myself

In its other life, this blog hosted a surfeit of poems-in-progress, and its thereness, its bright, blinking cyber-insistence, helped me birth a book. And then it didn't help me birth another book. I had to make poems in a different way it turned out.

What I want to do now is read poems and write about them, and here's where I'm going to do it. Instead of buying new collections of poetry, for the next year I intend to reread every collection I already own (and then, fellow poets, I promise I will buy more)--it's a surfeit of a different sort, a mix-tape mashup of a pile of slim volumes most of whose spines have not been cracked nor pages dog-eared--pristine, I'm saying. Unacceptable. 

I want to know about the poems I own, other people's poems, and I suspect this reacquaintance will tell me something about my own work, may bring on an upswell. Anyway, I'm going to find out, and I'm going to tell you. Lucky.

3 comments:

DHARMENDER KUMAR said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DHARMENDER KUMAR said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Princess Sarah said...

Nice writing dude, you are doing great effort, your way of writing is unique, thanks for sharing such nice work. Keep more post dude…

GED Online